[gnutls-dev] How to properly generate gnutls.pdf?

Andreas Metzler ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org
Sun May 27 17:10:03 CEST 2007

Hello,

How is gnutls.pdf as included in the distribution generated? I have
tried to re-generate it after make clean but have stumbled upon a
couple of issues.

"make pdf" does not work for me, since @image is looking for .pdf:

| This is `epsf.tex' v2.7.3 <23 July 2005>
| ) localization, and turning on texinfo input format.) (./gnutls.aux)
| (./version.texi) (./my-bib-macros.texi)
| !pdfTeX error: pdfetex (file gnutls-logo.pdf): cannot find image file
| ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I can regenerate them manually with ps2pdf. After doing this I realize
that I need to run (La)TeX twice to get the references right
| [1{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] [2] [-1] Chapter 1
| l.1: Undefined cross reference `Bibliography-snt'.
[1300 similar messages snipped]

So all in all it looks like I need to do this:
cd doc
make clean
for i in *eps ; do ps2pdf $i ; done
make pdf
rm gnutls.pdf
make pdf

The resulting file is more or less ok, the images are scaled wrongly
though. So, how do you do it?

thanks, cu andreas
so grateful to you.'