[gnutls-dev] Porting bug fixes to 1.6.x

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri May 25 14:36:26 CEST 2007

ludovic.courtes at laas.fr (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:
>
>> Hi!  If you can provide a patch, I'll review it and integrate it.  We
>> could do a 1.6.x release quickly based on it.
>
> I've done a quick review of past patches.  Here's what should be
> applicable (since most of the messages contain individual patches and a
> description of the problem, I thought they might be easier to review
> than a single big patch):
>
>   * raw OpenPGP keyring import (doesn't address ASCII import since this
>     requires the recent additions in OpenCDK)
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/1873
>
>   * trivial bug in `gnutls_certificate_set_openpgp_key ()'
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/1858

These two looks fine.

>   * TLS 1.2 RSA/DSA signature verification bug
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/1760
>
>   * TLS 1.2 handshake bug
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/1749

1.6.x doesn't support TLS 1.2, so these doesn't matter, right?

>   * off-by-one in `gnutls_openpgp.c'
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.gnutls.devel/1669
>
>   * small OpenPGP API inconsistencies
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.gnutls.general/591

These seems fine too.

> Unfortunately, an interesting bug fix may not be applicable due to
> API/ABI-breaking issues (although it is unclear whether there really is
> a problem since only internal functions are changed):
>
>   * allow import of ASCII-armored OpenPGP private keys
>
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.gnutls.general/617
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.gnutls.general/645
>     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.gnutls.general/657

This one seems too big...  I think we could start pre-testing of 1.7.x
targetting a stable 1.8.0 soon instead.

> Let me know if I can help better.

Thanks for compiling things separately, very useful!

> BTW, is the Git-on-Savannah project suspended for now?

It didn't work out with Savannah for now (they don't want to mirror
other git repositories), but I'm working on getting a mirror up at
repo.or.cz now.