[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS PKCS#11 Engine

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:20:25 CEST 2007

Hello Marcus,

The sequence is as follows:
1. Application calls C_Initialize() of some providers.
2. Application fork()
3. Application must call C_Initialize() at child, as the spec
instructs, so child environment will be complete.
4. Application wishes to do something else in this child, so it C_Finalize()
5. Parent can access PKCS#11 token.
6. Child does not.

In your case you fork, so automatically you get C_Iniitalize(),
C_Finalize() at child, and it seems that somehow it makes the parent
not working?

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.