[gnutls-dev] Guile problems in 1.7.12

Ludovic Courtès ludo at chbouib.org
Tue Jun 12 17:18:32 CEST 2007

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Still, the paths look right for me:

I think I got it (I hope so!):

  * On my machine, Guile is installed in `/usr/local/'.  Thus,
    `GUILE_LDFLAGS' contain `-L /usr/local/lib', which leads Libtool to
    add `/usr/local/lib' to RPATH.

  * On your machine, Guile is installed in `/usr', so this does not
    happen.  And a `-L /usr/local/lib' to your Libtool link command-line
    and you'll make the same observations as I do.

Unless I'm mistaken, the fix is to revert your `_LIBADD' patch and get
back to something along the lines of:

  libXXX_LDFLAGS = $(GNUTLS_CORE_LIBS) $(GNUTLS_EXTRA_LIBS) \
                   $(GUILE_LDFLAGS)

which makes sure that third-party libs (here, Guile) appear last.

Thanks,
Ludovic.