[gnutls-dev] autoconf version handling

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 14:36:47 CEST 2007

Simon Josefsson wrote:

> A better solution is to test for features and not version numbers.
> Did you add some new externally visible API in 0.6, that the updated
> GnuTLS code would need?  Then check for that, using something like:

I need to check this, but to make sure that the right opencdk version
is used, I will add a check for a function which is new in 0.6.0.

> Btw, I think we should add something like what's in gnutls.h into
> opencdk.h:
>
> #define LIBGNUTLS_VERSION_MAJOR 1
> #define LIBGNUTLS_VERSION_MINOR 7
> #define LIBGNUTLS_VERSION_PATCH 9
>
> This allows M4 tests to do version-based testing, if someone prefers
> to use that in some situation.  It should go into opencdk.h.in, and be

You mean in the included version of opencdk in gnutls?

And BTW, I'm not sure if this is the intended purpose, but the
preference for the opencdk.h header is always libextra/opencdk.h a
not /usr/include/opencdk.h.

> Sounds good!  Maybe you could post the patch for easier review?

Sure, I will commit it in a few minutes.

> 'make check'?  If there are no self-tests for OpenPGP, which I guess
> there aren't, write a self-test and test it with the old/new code.
> See pskself.c, anonself.c etc.

I'm not sure if there are any self tests. I will look and if there are
no test, I will at least write a very basic one.

	Timo