[gnutls-dev] Fixing OpenPGP keyring import

Ludovic Courtès ludovic.courtes at laas.fr
Thu Apr 19 09:50:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> Timo Schulz <twoaday at gmx.net> writes:

>>> Maybe you could post the patch?  I think it would be fine.
>>
>> So I won't send the wrong patch.
>>
>> We decided that opencdk base64 decodes the CDK_DBTYPE_DATA object,
>> right?
>
> Yeah, I think so. (Ludovic, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Actually no---otherwise, I could have done it myself.  ;-)

Currently, when TYPE is `CDK_DBTYPE_DATA', `cdk_keydb_new ()'
raw-decodes the given buffer.  My suggestion was to _keep this behavior_
(for compatibility).  I would also suggest documenting this behavior.

To support base64-decoding, I suggested introducing a new function,
`cdk_keydb_new_from_stream ()', that would allow base64-decoding to be
implemented in a straightforward way (by setting the armor flag on the
input stream).

Does it sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Ludovic.