[gnutls-dev] Fixing OpenPGP keyring import

Ludovic Courtès ludo at chbouib.org
Tue Apr 17 21:06:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

The patch below attempts to fix import of OpenPGP keyrings.  This
currently doesn't work at all AFAICT (in fact, I wonder how the current
code relates to the intent ;-)).

The patch is kludgey: since `cdk_keydb_new ()' only supports the raw
format, it changes `gnutls_openpgp_keyring_import ()' so that it returns
an error when asked for a base64 import.

Fixing this would require one of the following:

  1. fixing `cdk_keydb_new ()' so that one can pass an additional
     argument indicating the format.

  2. providing a new function, say `cdk_keydb_from_stream ()', where one
     can pass an arbitrary stream as the keyring source.

Solution (2) seems more flexible and cleaner.  One could pass
`cdk_keydb_from_stream ()' a stream with or without the armor flag set,
thereby fixing our problem.  It would also have the advantage of not
breaking OpenCDK's ABI.  `cdk_keydb_new ()' could then be rewritten in
terms of it.

I'm not familiar with OpenCDK so I may well have missed something.
Any thoughts?

Just in case: is copyright assignment needed for OpenCDK?

Thanks,
Ludovic.