[gnutls-dev] sign callback for certificate authentication

Jacob Berkman jberkman at novell.com
Mon Apr 9 18:51:02 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've attached a patch to gnutls which adds a callback for the signing
step of certificate-based authentication.  This was needed because
some smart card policies do not allow private keys to be read/exported
from them.  They implement signing directly on the card.

With this patch, the application can return a NULL private key, and if
they implement the signing callback, can sign the data themselves.

I developed this patch against gnutls 1.4.4, but it patches and builds
cleanly against 1.7.7.  Please let me know if any changes are
required.

Thanks,
 -- jacob