[gnutls-dev] Re: Gnutls4win: Problem with custom push/pull functions, errno and Visual Studio (Workaround included)

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Mon Nov 6 15:51:48 CET 2006

Tim Kosse <tim.kosse at filezilla-project.org> writes:

> Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> I've created a new Windows installer based on current 1.5 CVS plus the
>> patch discussed in this thread, and the patch against libgcrypt.  See
>> the 1.5.4rc1 installer on:
>>
>> http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Please test it.  If there are no objections, I'll release 1.5.4 in a
>> week or so.
>
> Two problems:
>
> 1) The gnutls_transport_set_(global_)errno functions are missing in the
> installed headers.

Oops, right, added.

> 2) gnutls_global_init got A LOT worse, it takes over 50 seconds now.

Ouch.  Werner, any further ideas?

>> Tim, what is your impression of the latest 1.5 stuff?  How close are
>> you to have gnutls do something useful for you under Windows?
>
> Considering that I've only started working with GnuTLS about a week ago,
> I'm making good progress. I can establish TLS secured connections just
> fine using custom push/pull functions. Next I'll have a look at
> certificate verification.
> The only two issues I encountered so far are the slow initialization and
> the errno problem.

Thanks for the info.  Given that the libgcrypt problems is solvable
using the third-party DLL's, and the errno problem seem to be close to
solved, I think we are in good shape for 1.6.0.  Due to travels, I'll
probably not release anything until next week, so you have some time
to come up with more problems. :)

Thanks,
Simon