[gnutls-dev] Re: Gnutls4Win: gnutls_global_init takes > 10 seconds

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 3 16:38:14 CET 2006

On Fri,  3 Nov 2006 13:53, Tim Kosse said:

> libgcrypt queries HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA, that alone takes 3-4 seconds.

There is a bug in this code fixed in the SVN.  You should also run a
"diskperf -y" once on your machine.  Simon: You might want to add this
to the installer.

The code we use in libgcrypt is the same as in GnuPG and we never get
complaints about missing random performance on Windows.

Using the MS API is not an option - you don't know what they are
doing.  Better be safe and try what we can do.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner