[gnutls-dev] Re: A tiny patch for libtasn1 (0.2.17)

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Wed Jan 18 10:37:05 CET 2006

Bernard Leak <bernard at brenda-arkle.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Dear List,
>                 the Makefiles for libtasn (more precisely, the
> Makefile for the
> 'src' directory) don't work if building in a separate source directory: the
> libtasn1.h file from the 'lib' directory is added through -I ../lib
> which won't work (as the .h file isn't generated) unless the build
> tree and the
> source tree are the same.
> I offer the following patch: this is for the distributed version, so
> it patches
> both Makefile.am and Makefile.in, though from the viewpoint of this list
> the 'real' patch is to Makefile.am only.  As can be seen, it's really very
> simple - just forcing a reference to $(srcdir).  You might prefer to use
> $(top_srcdir)/lib instead, of course.
>   As far as I have noticed, this is the only problematic place, but I
> can't promise I've not missed something.  Anyway, it seems to
> work for me, and is certainly an improvement.

Hi Bernard.  Thanks for the report, I have fixed this in libtasn1 CVS.


More information about the Gnutls-devel mailing list