[gnutls-dev] Re: Restore gnutls session after execvp - possible?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Tue Jan 17 19:26:38 CET 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 19:03, you wrote:

> The peer is an IRC server, so I don't know exactly what is happening
> on its side.

That's the problem then. I thought you had control of both the server
and the client. The server probably doesn't know that he is supposed to
restart TLS after this has been terminated by the client. Probably he
returns to non-TLS mode... so in that case you could order him to
restart tls, or he terminates the connection (most probable).

There is no easy way to solve this problem since the states that need to
be saved are really more than the data needed for session resumption
(state for encryption, compression algorithm, buffers and many I cannot
think of). This is much work to do and doesn't seem to worth the effort
(if we were in kernel side, that would have been a different story, but
we are not)...