[gnutls-dev] Re: living without global variables

Rupert Kittinger rkit at mur.at
Tue Jan 3 19:49:49 CET 2006

Werner Koch schrieb:

> Unloading Libgcrypt is not possible unless all users agree on shutting
> down all threads (but one) using Libgcrypt, restoring all hooks and
> releasing all secure memory.  Libgcrypt can't detect such a condition
> and this is the reason we don't provide a deinit function.

Probably I am missing something here, but I think "this is the reason
the library does not _call_ the deinit function but only provides it so
the main thread can release all resources" would also make sense.

I would really appreciate this functionality (valgrind, etc...).

If you do not want to merge this functionality, how about adding it to
the library in a contrib directory?

cheers,
Rupert

--