[gnutls-dev] Re: gnutls 1.2.8 and mingw32

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 25 12:33:54 CEST 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:08:47 +0200, Enrico Tassi said:

> Is there a way to build a "stub" libwsock32.dll with libtool so that
> there is no need of hacking configure.in and Makefile.am?

Just take the def file and build a new import library.  Something similar

  # W32API 3.2 comes with an unusable libmapi32.a.  We build our own
  # version.  Note the omission of -k (--kill-at) from the DLLTOOL
  # command line.  We also create our own virtual copies to the _static_
  # versions of GPGME and gpg-error, because we want to link to them
  # statically, and not dynamically (otherwise Outlook would not find
  # them).
  gpgol_DEPENDENCIES = libmapi32.a libgpgme.a libgpg-error.a

  libmapi32.a: mapi32.def
  	$(DLLTOOL) --output-lib $@ --def $<

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner