[gnutls-dev] Re: Disable installation of some files if --disable-srp-authentication

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Tue Nov 15 13:57:50 CET 2005

Albert Chin <gnutls-dev at mlists.thewrittenword.com> writes:

> Disable installation of *srp* programs and man pages if
> --disable-srp-authentication given.

Installed, thanks!

The doc/manpages/Makefile.am file is generated (see the
update-makefile target in that file), so I had to fix the logic that
create the file.

> We should also remove the *srp* functions from gnutls.h. What's the
> best way to do this? We could have includes/gnutls/gnutls.h.in.in ->
> includes/gnutls/gnutls.h.in via autoconf and them, in some
> Makefile.am, generate gnutls.h from gnutls.h.in via some sed or m4
> magic.

I believe the simplest would be to move the SRP functions from
gnutls.h.in to srp.h, and include the latter in the former through a
@INCLUDE_SRP_H@ AC_SUBST which is defined to '#include <gnutls/srp.h>'
in configure.in unless --disable-srp.

Some things, like enum types like GNUTLS_CRED_SRP, would be easiest to
keep in gnutls.h.

Thanks,
Simon