[gnutls-dev] GnuTLS 1.1.23 aka 1.2.0rc1
jas at extundo.com
Tue Jan 18 19:31:18 CET 2005
This will hopefully be the final 1.1.x release. The 1.1 branch will
be dubbed stable and released as 1.2.0 within a few days.
Please test this release as if it were the final 1.2.0. This release
is almost the same as the daily snapshots for the past week. If you
tested one of those, you have already helped us.
I think version 1.2 is supposed to be a simple drop-in for 1.0
applications. If you need to modify your application, written for
1.0, to work with this release, we want to know about it now.
If you have reported anything, but not received an answer, or an
answer that indicate that we will fix something in the future, you
need to remind us. I don't recall any pending issues, except for the
snprintf issue that we will not be able to fix before 1.2.0. You can
use the Savannah bug tracker to make sure we don't forget your bug:
The project page of the library is available at:
http://josefsson.org/gnutls/ (updated fastest)
Here are the compressed sources:
Here are GPG detached signatures using key 0xB565716F:
Here are the build reports for various platforms:
Here are the MD5/SHA1 checksums:
Noteworthy changes since the last release:
- It is now possible to generate PKCS#12 structures without private
keys using "certtool --to-p12", suggested by Fabian Fagerholm
<fabbe at paniq.net>.
- Certtool now prints information for the RSA and DSA parameters of
certificates and private keys.
- Corrected the write of CRL distribution points.
- The certificate chain verification function now checks certificates
in the reverse order to minimize the spent resources.
- Corrected several bugs found by Marcin Garski <mgarski at post.pl>
- The functions gnutls_x509_crl_get_issuer_dn, gnutls_x509_crq_get_dn,
gnutls_x509_crt_get_issuer_dn, gnutls_x509_crt_get_dn, and
gnutls_x509_rdn_get now set *sizeof_buf to the buffer length that is
required, instead of the string length. That is, the value has been
incremented by 1 to account for the terminating zero. Reported by
Martin Lambers <marlam at web.de>.
- Debug output shouldn't crash on platforms that doesn't handle NULL
printf %s values. Reported by Michael.Ringe at aachen.utimaco.de.
- Sync included copy of libtasn1 with version 0.2.13.
- Client X.509 authenticated connections via gnutls-cli should now work again.
More information about the Gnutls-devel