[gnutls-dev] Re: gnutls 1.0.22

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Thu Oct 28 22:50:23 CEST 2004

Joe Orton <joe at manyfish.co.uk> writes:

>> Further thoughts on this?  Or preferably, specific patches...
>
> Patch below.  Attached list of symbols which get hidden in libgnutls.so
> with this applied vs not using it at all, for verification: some of
> these should probably get namespace-protected for systems on which
> -export-symbols* isn't implemented: memmem, firstElement, bit_mask for
> instance.

I'm not familiar with these issues enough to decide whether the patch
will work or not.  Nikos?  Are there any shared library or libtool
experts on the list with an opinion?

Since your patch remove several things that I consider cruft, I'm
positive about it, FWIW.

I guess we will find out if the patch works if we apply it...

Thanks.