[gnutls-dev] non-ASCII ASN.1 string types

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Oct 17 15:03:57 CEST 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 13:55, Joe Orton wrote:

> Well I guess the interface is simply not flexible enough for this to be
> decided by the app, where ultimately it should be.  I have no need for
> 2253-style formatting in neon, I'd prefer to be able to skip RDNs which
> I can't produce human-readable strings from than show random hex strings
> to the user.
Well UCS-2 and UCS-4 certificates are quite rare to come by so in most of the
cases you have a readable string.

> Ah, yes, I couldn't work out at all what _get_dn_oid was putting the
> passed-in buffer.  Can you explain how the OIDs are formatted in the
> buffer, or give an example of how I'd do this?
I don't have an example but in brief you call _get_dn_oid() using a counter
for index. For value 0 of the counter you get the first OID, which will be
something like 1.2.3.4.5 (null terminated string).
You use this OID to get_dn_by_oid() function with indx==0 to  get the actual
string.

In some certificates there could be a duplicate entry of an OID. In that case
you should increase the index number to get_dn_by_oid() to get the second
entry.

--
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos