[gnutls-dev] Memory leeks?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Aug 27 21:49:17 CEST 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:53:02 +0200, Simon Posnjak said:

> (generate_rdn_seq) doubles. So I think (and please correct me if I am
> wrong) that this still reachable memory is libgcypt global state or some
> thing like that - it would be nice if there would be a function to free

Correct.  There is no way to tyerminate libgcrypt and reload it later
from the same process.  Thread initialization must be done right at
the first start up and then we setup some global state - I doubt that
freeing all memory is really worth the effort - better terminate your
process

> this stuff. (I am on a embedded platform with 16 MB of RAM and every
> byte counts;).

You should be more worried on how to get enough entropy for the RNG; I
have once experimented with a Coldfire board and tehre is no clean
solution except for installing a unique random_seed file and hope for
the best.

  Werner