[gnutls-dev] Re: gnutls 1.1.15 -- (repost, for completeness, last try didn't show up)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 16 14:11:55 CEST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:02:44 +0200, Simon Josefsson said:

> http://cio.nist.gov/esd/emaildir/lists/pkits/msg00047.html

Interesting.  I'll ask the GNU "legal dept" too; just to be sure.

> As for size, I think it would only enlarge gnutls-*.tar.gz by ~500kb
> or so, something I wouldn't consider a problem.  Self tests are quite
> important, IMHO.

Agreed.

> Are you looking at the S/MIME tests?  Then the new test suite is

Well, CMS is what I also intend to test but cutting it out from S/MIME
messages isn't too hard ;-).l  I'll have a look at the new test suite.

> I haven't any thoughts on a framework for all this.  My initial
> intention was simply to extract some *.pem or *.crt files, from the
> NIST package, into gnutls/tests/ and then write a script to iterate

Some time ago I looked at the old suite and concluded that it will be
quite some work to integrate it into a "make check". I did progress it
any further mainly due to the license issue.

> over them.  (Like the gnutls/tests/chain script, in CVS only, which
> does this for the old test suite.  It appear to indicate many

I'll have a look at it.

Thanks,

  Werner