[gnutls-dev] How stable...

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Sep 11 08:21:02 CEST 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 11:51:56PM +0200, Simon Posnjak wrote:

> Hi,
> I`m working on a project that requires TLS layer for all
> communications.  We are thinking of using gnutls for it, because of it
> small size (verses openssl) - we are on an embedded platform.
> My question is how stable is gnutls (for use in production environment)
> - especially the development series.
The stable series is tested in several projects and is stable
enough, although several features are missing. The development
series has several new features, but they have not been heavily
tested.

> When do you plan to release 1.0 version?
The first prerelease will be out just after the openpgp part is
finished. This might take some weeks.

> Is any body using your library in production (Any open source project
> that are using it?)
Most GNU projects use gnutls. The larger project I can think of
is exim, but there are others as well.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos