[gnutls-dev] Re: doc/scripts

Simon Josefsson simon+gnutls-dev at josefsson.org
Sat Nov 1 13:54:51 CET 2003

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 07:31:26PM +0100, Ivo Timmermans wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> gdoc and sort1.pl are in CVS, and they are used, but not distributed
>> in the tarball.
> Done. I've just added them.

In http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/libidn/libidn/doc/ there is
a slightly improved 'gdoc' that fixes the 'function()' regexp, and can
generate man pages for functions as well.  I'm trying to set up a nice
infrastructure for 'gdoc' documented projects, right now you can say:

GDOC_SRC = $(top_srcdir)/lib/version.c \
		$(top_srcdir)/lib/toutf8.c \
		$(top_srcdir)/lib/nfkc.c \
		$(top_srcdir)/lib/punycode.c \
		$(top_srcdir)/lib/stringprep.c \
		$(top_srcdir)/lib/idna.c
GDOC_TEXI = libidn
GDOC_TEXI_PREFIX = texi/
GDOC_MAN = dist_man
GDOC_MAN_PREFIX = man/
include $(srcdir)/Makefile.gdoci

in Makefile.am to have man pages and texi fragments be built for all
GTK-DOC documented functions.  The Makefile.gdoci is a bit fragile
right now, though.

I'm currently working on improving the 'gdoc' framework, so if you
have any ideas, I might be able to implement them.