[gnutls-dev] gnutls-cli fallback to ssl3

Ivo Timmermans ivo at o2w.nl
Fri Dec 5 19:00:22 CET 2003

Hi,

It seems that gnutls-cli can't fall back on SSL3 if TLS1 is not
available, is this an error in the program or in the library?

For example:

> gnutls-cli --protocols ssl3 -p 563 news.mozilla.org
Resolving 'news.mozilla.org'...
Connecting to '204.29.187.156:563'...
- Certificate type: X.509
 - Got a certificate list of 3 certificates.
[...]
200 secnews.netscape.com Netscape-Collabra/3.52 03615 NNRP ready
(posting ok).

> gnutls-cli -p 563 news.mozilla.org
Resolving 'news.mozilla.org'...
Connecting to '204.29.187.156:563'...
*** Fatal error: A TLS fatal alert has been received.
*** Received alert [40]: Handshake failed
*** Handshake has failed
GNUTLS ERROR: A TLS fatal alert has been received.

	Ivo

--
/* I can't stand it anymore!  Please can't we just write the
   whole Unix system in lisp or something? */