[gnutls-dev] gnutls-1.0.0 build errors

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Fri Dec 5 13:25:03 CET 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:14:26PM +0100, Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm attempting to build gnutls-1.0.0 on Solaris.
> I already have libgcrypt-1.1.90 and opencdk-0.5.3:
[...]
> Second it seems that gnutls-1.0.0 needs an external opencdk-0.5.2
> library. It won't build with an included opencdk library as it used to.
> This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Hello Dimitri,

Opencdk was never included in gnutls. That openpgp functionality was
being disabled if it was not found. For 1.0.0 I made it mandatory
to have the openpgp functionality, so applications can depend
on that api. Embedded systems that do not need that functionality
can still use the --disable-openpgp-authentication as a configure
parameter.

> Finally, it seems the configure script doesn't put the compiler flags
> needed to include opencdk headers into Makefiles:
> $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gnutls-1.0.0
> [...]
> checking for opencdk-config... /usr/local/bin/opencdk-config
> checking for libopencdk - version >= 0.5.2... yes
> [...]

You should use the --with-libopencdk-prefix parameter for the
opencdk library.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos