[gnutls-dev] GNUTLS support for mutt

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at hellug.gr
Sun Nov 4 11:43:01 CET 2001

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:27:15 +0100 "Marco d'Itri" <md at Linux.IT> wrote:

> I wrote some nearly (?) working code to use mutt with the GNUTLS library
> (http://gnutls.hellug.gr).
> I tried it against a stunell'ed POP3 server and I can reliably connect
> and download the message header and one message, but after I do this
> all ssl_socket_read fails with MAC_FAILED, then mutt drops the
> connection and the new ones fails too with the same error.
> I see a similar error on the other side too.
Can you reproduce the problem with the client (cli) which is included
into gnutls?

> Any clues from the gnutls people? I'm not sure if it's a bug in my code
> or in gnutls. I'm using 0.2.9.1.
I can also find no obvious bug in the code you sent here. (although I don't know
how these functions are called).  Can you use ltrace, or define DEBUG and
RECORD_DEBUG to gnutls_int.h, and send the output here?

> If you want to test it just unpack mutt, run configure --with-nss, copy
> the file in the directory and fix the Makefile to use GNUTLS instead of
> libnss.
I'll try to do this.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos