HOW to upgrade: 2.0.22 --> 2.3.3 ???

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 11 09:44:25 CEST 2024

On Thu, 10 Oct 2024 17:09, Björn Persson said:

> This is how much you trust the owner of that key when they sign other
> keys. Before you can trust the owner, you need to know who the key
> belongs to.

Right, that is the case in the default trust model.  My original answer
was misleading.

> Such assurance is provided by signing the key. Maybe the signatures
> have been lost somehow, or the key that signed all the other keys is

For example, in contrast to the command line the Kleopatra frontend
creates non-exportable key signatures.  On the command line or with
edit-key you ca create such non-exportable signature by using
--quick-lsign-key or "lsign".

Now if you do an --export those signatures are not exported (they are
non-exportable/local).  GnuPG has a --export-option backup which exports
everything but the old 2.0 version does not have this option.  It might
already have the "--export-options export-local-sigs", but I was not
sure.  Thus with 2.0 the export command

  gpg --export --export-options export-local-sigs >all-keys-with-all-sigs.pub

might work.  With 2.3

  gpg --import --import-options restorre < all-keys-with-all-sigs.pub

would do the jub.  If the restore option is not yet implemented in that
old 2.3 version it can be replaced by "import-local-sigs".

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein