decrypting to stdout does not work properly

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Oct 9 09:45:10 CEST 2024

El día miércoles, octubre 09, 2024 a las 08:51:22 +0200, Werner Koch via Gnupg-users escribió:

> Hi!
>
> Just a short remark:
>
> On Mon,  7 Oct 2024 08:40, jman said:
>
> > In the end I have scripted the unlocking of a smartcard but the
> > resulting script is a bit convoluted because the output of
> > gpg-connect-agent is not super useful.
>
> meanwhile (since 2.4) we have the gpg-card tool.  This is bette suited
> for scripting.  For example you can do things like
>
>   gpg-card verify CHV1 -- list -- help -- whatever

Hi Werner,

Could this tool be backported to 2.2 ?

On my L5 I have:

purism at pureos:~$ apt info gpg
Package: gpg
Version: 2.2.27-2+deb11u2
Section: utils
Source: gnupg2
Maintainer: Debian GnuPG Maintainers <pkg-gnupg-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org>

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

Annalena Baerbock: "We are fighting a war against Russia ..." (25.1.2023)

I, Matthias, I am not at war with Russia.
Я не воюю с Россией.
Ich bin nicht im Krieg mit Russland.