HOW to upgrade: 2.0.22 --> 2.3.3 ???

Mike Schleif mike at mdsresource.net
Tue Oct 8 20:09:12 CEST 2024

Allow me to step back to the beginning.

We need to move off of our CentOS v7x platform ASAP, on which the most
recent GnuPG is v2.0.22. Yes, I know that this is ancient; but, management
does not want to rely on roll-our-own executables.

What I did was:
1. Zip up the .gnupg/ directory on the old system;
2. Unzip it on the new system;
3. Verify the /bin/gpg is on the new system;
4. Successfully tested decryption; and
5. Tried testing encryption.

Sadly, Step 5 (encryption testing) is where the troubles began:
a. gpg: DBG: Oops: keyid_from_fingerprint: no pubkey; fpr: ...

b. gpg: key 0000000000000000 occurs more than once in the trustdb

c. gpg: 079A71E548C19BC0: There is no assurance this key belongs to the
named user

d. gpg: TEST.txt: sign+encrypt failed: Unusable public key

Ought we do something on the legacy (v2.0.22) host before copying to the
new host?

Please, HELP! We need to transition yesterday ...

~ Mike

--

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.
I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060