GnuPG - signed Telefax communication

Стефан Васильев stefan.vasilev at posteo.ru
Fri Jan 14 19:22:50 CET 2022

Andrew Gallagher wrote:

> On 14/01/2022 17:54, Стефан Васильев wrote:
>>
>> The idea is to use a Telefax machine for endpoint security, with
>> an offline usage PC, which for example gpg4win is ideal for.
>
> Would it not be simpler to use a modem?

Good question. My thought was that Telefax is still used, among
lawyers, doctors, business folks etc., and brand-new Fax machines
can be bought on Amazon etc.

>> I thought about that too, but in case the document would be several
>> pages long and would not fit into a QR-code. Ok, one can split the
>> large document and insert then several QR-codes into one Fax page.
>
> The largest standard QR code can hold just under 3kB of data in a
> single
> image. If you need more than that you would probably have to split
> across multiple sheets no matter what encoding system you choose.

Yes, do you know of any QR-code software (open source) which could
do that task automatically, i.e. split a large (encoded) message into
several  QR-codes and reassemble later?

Regards
Stefan