Help with GPGME keylisting not listing signatures

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jan 23 16:39:30 CET 2021

On Samstag, 23. Januar 2021 04:11:53 CET John Scott via Gnupg-users wrote:
> I'm having trouble writing a program using GPGME that is able to read the
> signatures of keys from a file. I've ensured that GPGME_KEYLIST_MODE_SIGS is
> specified and would appreciate additional eyeballs on it. I've tested it
> with the Debian keyring which has many signatures and not had any luck.
>
> The code is at https://salsa.debian.org/-/snippets/519 or can be cloned from
> https://salsa.debian.org/snippets/519.git

Did you have a look at GPGME's tests as working example code? There is a test
for listing signatures:
https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gpgme/browse/master/tests/gpg/t-keylist-sig.c

Also: Did you run your program with debug output? You can enable GPGME's debug
output with the environment variable GPGME_DEBUG=<debug level>. See
https://dev.gnupg.org/source/gpgme/browse/master/src/debug.h
for the different debug levels. With debug level 7 (DEBUG_SYSIO) you'll see
(among a lot of other debug output) with which arguments GPGME calls gpg.

Regards,
Ingo