WKD for GitHub pages

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 12:27:46 CET 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:49 AM Andrew Gallagher <andrewg at andrewg.com> wrote:

> On 12/01/2021 08:25, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
>
> > if this would work, like I mentioned in my bund.de example, organizations
> > would have the freedom to choose WKD instead of hockeypuck or Hagrid,
> > and they would have a compatible*inhouse*  solution, via simple
> > Web management, instead of running a server software, like hokeypuck
> > or Hagrid.
>
> WKD is used to publish your own keys, or keys belonging to users in your
> own domain. A keyserver is for publishing arbitrary other people's keys.
> It has never been necessary for a business to run its own keyserver in
> order to use PGP.

Let me say first thank you to Damien and Andre, because I want to make it
short and therefore sorry for not replying to your messages.

Your are right, but we all know what happened to the SKS Network and
we know also that Hagrid is perfectly fine for privacy and once a hockeypuck
Network is in operation users will appreciate it too.

The point for me is WKD exists and can be used as an cheap inhouse
solution, for families or organizations, if it would allow cost effective
wildcard subdomain support for SSL certs, which IMHO can not hurt
and if the direct method would be triggered first.

Regards
Stefan