New packet format for OpenPGP

jsmith9810 at gmx.com jsmith9810 at gmx.com
Fri Feb 26 20:14:06 CET 2021

Hello,

I noticed that GnuPG (I'm using v2.2.19) still uses the old format OpenPGP packets, when I export my keys, for example.
Is there a way I can make it use the new format instead (and possibly make it default)?
It does understand the new format, I just can't seem to find the option to enforce its use.

Also, is it possible to use a private keyring (secring.gpg) for decryption without importing it?
I recall it used to be possible to do this with the earlier versions by specifying the keyring path in gpg.conf, but I can't figure out how to do it now.

Thanks!