gpg --card-status fails with Yubikey 5 under MSYS2

Doug Richardson doug at rekt.email
Tue Feb 23 19:47:09 CET 2021

Under MSYS2, gpg --card-status fails with the following when trying to use a Yubikey 5 NFC.

    $ gpg --card-status
    gpg: selecting card failed: No such device
    gpg: OpenPGP card not available: No such device

This same command works when using Gpg4Win's gpg. This leads me to believe it's a configuration issue with MSYS2's gpg, but I'm not familiar enough with gpg to know where the problem might be. I'd appreciate any advice as to where the problem is likely to be.

For more detail, see the MSYS2 bug report:
https://github.com/msys2/MSYS2-packages/issues/2329

Thanks,
Doug