Show that an encrypted message was signed, without decrypting it

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Thu Oct 15 00:20:57 CEST 2020

Helmut Waitzmann Anti-Spam-Ticket.b.qc3c wrote:

> Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de>:
> >Helmut Waitzmann Anti-Spam-Ticket.b.qc3c wrote:
> >> Stefan Claas <sac at 300baud.de>:
>
> [The ability to check that an encrypted message has been signed.]
>

> >It would allow Alice (in her organization), or others, to do a
> >pre-check, with procmail etc., to set-up an auto-responder,
> >informing Bob that he did not signed his message and that his
> >message will be discarded.

> >> As far as I know the order “first sign, then encrypt” is
> >> mandatory, so there is no way for GnuPG to deviate from it.
> >>
> >> And this is a good thing, as it thwarts Eve eavesdropping on the
> >> originator's identity (i. e. Bob) of a message sent to Alice.
> >
> >It should be not a mandatory feature and it should only append
> >secured bytes, which are stating that Bob's message contains a
> >signature (yes|no bytes), without revealing his identity.
>
> What do you mean by the term “secured bytes”?

Well, there should be a way that appended bytes to a signed and
encrypted message could not be exchanged by third parties, to
allow a pre-check (procmail etc.), like I explained, without the
need that Alice has to decrypt the message manually and then check
if the message was signed.

While not being off-topic, how does for example Zero Knowledge Proof
Encryption does a check that the identity of a user is proven, while
the user does not have to reveal his actual age? He only proves with
that, that he his over 18 years of age.

While I am no programmer or cryptographer, I think if this is possible
than something that I asked for should be somehow possible too, or not?

Regards
Stefan

--
NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
  The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.