Certified OpenPGP-encryption after release of Thunderbird 78

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 29 12:36:42 CEST 2020

On Tue, 26 May 2020 12:27, karel-v_g--- said:

> Because of this I have been using a combination of Thunderbird,
> Enigmail and Gpg4Win, as the latter one is certified by German BSI.

Well, it is not certified but approved to handle data at the EU
RESTRICTED level (BSI-VSA-10400 and 10412).  There a lot of side
condition you have to meet to use that which are detailed in the SecOPs.

TB has not been approved to handle restricted data because it does not
clearly show whether important conditions are met.  GpgOL and KMail are
able to meet these requirements for email; Kleopatra for file
encryption.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner