keys require a user-id

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 18 22:56:04 CEST 2020

On Mon, 18 May 2020 12:16, Robert J. Hansen said:

> Centralized key management schemes are sometimes very useful.

I fully agree and I personally known that this is a common use case.

However, people requiring such a use case do not talk in the public
about their specific infrastructure and are also not affected by the
alleged privacy enhancements needs people are talking about.

The nice thing with OpenPGP is that you can implement any kind of PKI
with it and you are not as restricted as with X.509/PKIX.  And it is
just one RFC and not several dozens RFCs and other documents you all
need to read, analyze, and guess like we see the PKIX world.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner