Proposal - variable line width for ASCII armor output

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Thu Feb 27 00:19:01 CET 2020

Ralph Seichter via Gnupg-users wrote:

> * Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:
>
> > The reason why I ask, I often see postings on social
> > media sites and the output there looks horrible, IMHO.
>
> Fixed-width fun should do the trick. Besides, the ASCII armor format is
> meant to facilitate transporting key data in email, not to look pretty.
> Personally, I'd rather not see valuable developer time squandered on
> a purely aesthetic feature.

I am aware of fixed-with fonts, but modern messengers or social media
do not use them. And about valuable developer time, I guess Werner would
only need a very very short time to implement this feature among the many
many many other commands and parameters GnuPG has already accumulated over
the years. :-)

Regards
Stefan

--