gnupg --fetch-key problems

Björn Jacke bjacke at samba.org
Mon Aug 31 22:59:13 CEST 2020

On 31.08.20 02:48, Ángel wrote:
> I don't think it's a good idea to block HTTP/1.0 requests. Your system,
> your choice, of course.

as I wrote in my provious mail, it is not uncommon that sites are
blocking HTTP 1.0 these days. So it is not a good idea to only support
HTTP 1.0 in gpg. This makes gpg work suboptimal for it's users. You need
to face the fact that HTTP is not available everywhere any more and http
clients have also to adopt to what servers support. It's my choice what
I configure on my server of course and only for gpg I allow HTTP 1.0 for
the needed paths here. I managed to figure out what the problem was but
most sites and most users will not. It's up to the gnupg developers to
improve the situation for your users.

> HTTP/1.1 would require support for things that currently may not be
> present, such as chunked transfer encodings, whereas HTTP/1.0 is
> perfectly fine for the expected use.

see what I wrote above and I already proposed in my previous mail that
libcurl would probably a very good idea.

Björn