In case you use OpenPGP on a smartphone ...

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Aug 11 17:18:55 CEST 2020

Johan Wevers wrote:

> On 11-08-2020 11:39, Stefan Claas wrote:
>
> > Based on my proposal, I would like to see in the future (OpenSource)
> > *hardware* based encryption products, for at least voice comms, which
> > is affordable for the majority of us and easy to use, so that people
> > do not need to use good old email encryption for important things,
> > on a mobile device.
>
> Why hardware? If a bug is found you can't upgrade it easily.

Because hardware can't be tampered with like software.

> On mobile, encrypted messengers are the norm. WhatsApp is the biggest,
> and it uses Signal's encryption algorithm which is excellent.

And you think that continuing with those is a good practice since
Mr Snowden's YouTube Video was released?

You may like to read an older brochure of Pegasus and then tell us
your thoughts.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4599753-NSO-Pegasus.html

or Google for zero-click attacks/exploits.

Regards
Stefan

--
my 'hidden' service gopherhole: