Android

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 16 14:08:33 CEST 2019

On 16-10-2019 13:02, Daniel Bossert wrote:

> Is anybody using pgp on Android? I did some years ago, would like to,
> but am afraid of security reason.

I use APG for old pgp 2.x keys and OpenKeyChain integrated in k9 mail
for modern keys. The secret keys are protected by a password, that's my
key protection. When I loose my phone, or when it gets stolen or
confiscated, I'll revoke the key and create a new one.

I don't believe anyone can protect a file on a phone against a skilled
forensics lab. Even the best protected mobiles get cracked eventually
(see the recent bootrom exploit in almost all iPhones for example).

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers