ProtonMail and Anonymity

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon May 6 11:19:35 CEST 2019

Hello Stephan,

Something completely different.

What is that link with the binary data in your OP?

I did not click it because I don't know what binary data I'd be handing
to that site. But I see this text on the front page of that site:

> You can also earn FREE TELE TOKENS from our bounty or airdrop programs
> or our referral bonus

I get the ugly feeling this is a referral link. That every time someone
clicks that link of yours, or perhaps only after they use some
functionality there, you get a "referral bonus".

If this is a referral link, I would consider that *extremely* bad form
of you. Made all the worse by you not explaining immediately that it
/is/ a referral link.

Could you please explain what the purpose of the data is? (Even with a
good explanation, I'd consider it basic hygiene to never click such
links, since the explanation cannot be verified).

Peter.