user id question

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Mar 8 09:15:43 CET 2019

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 10:09, johndoe65534 at mail.com said:

> What I understand is that there is no clear convention.

Meanwhile I would suggest to only use the mail address, that is

  john at example.org

and leave out all other parts.  There are even mail providers which
demand this for data privacy reasons.  However if you prefer to have
your mail in it, do it in the same was as it is common in your
country/culture like

  John Doe <john at example.org>

If you plan to take part in that nerdy key signing game, some
participants have the policy to check the real name agains a passport;
obviously you would need the latter form then.

I used to include my real name in my keys but for my new ed25519 key I
use only the mail addresses (I use 3 different mail addresses in my
keys).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner