PGP Anonymous Board Idea

Stefan Claas sac at 300baud.de
Tue Mar 5 21:01:57 CET 2019

Am Tue, 5 Mar 2019 14:39:37 -0500
schrieb Farhan Khan via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>:

Hi,

> Hi all,
>
> I had an idea for an anonymous PGP messaging board system and wanted
> to get feedback on it or know if this idea has already been done.
>
> In short, this would be an anonymous messaging system where you can
> post encrypted messages. Anyone can access the encrypted message but
> obviously only the one with the private key can decrypt it. Receiving
> users can filter for messages by their key ID to see if they have
> received anything. The system also replicates data across multiple
> servers so you can post a message on server A and a user can view the
> message on server B.

This already exists for decades ...

Simply use free Usenet Servers via Tor and post your anonymous* PGP
messages to the Usenet group alt.anonymous.messages.

*You send PGP encrypted messages via Mixmaster Remailers (via Tor) and
preferably use a hashed subject (hsub) so that the intended receiver(s)
can filter out their messages.

That is the most reliable old school method.

Solution 2 is use Bitmessage, where you can create yourself a chan
which everybody can subscribe to. Beware, once a chan is
publicty known it can be spammed easily. Bitmessage is so cool an
easy to use, via Tor, that it probably became on of the most
hated Networks in some peoples eyes. For Bitmessage there is no
need to use old stuff like PGP.

Hope this helps a bit or two.

Regards
Stefan