New keyserver at keys.openpgp.org - what's your take?

Vincent Breitmoser look at my.amazin.horse
Fri Jun 21 12:24:26 CEST 2019

Pretty happy with how this turned out so far. :)

Feedback I received was almost universally positive, other than the folks on
heise comments who really really really like the Web of Trust. In particular,
I heard of almost no isues with the verification flow, which hopefully means
things "just work" for everybody.

The heise article helped a lot getting the word out, we are closing in on 2k
verified email addresses:

https://keys.openpgp.org/about/stats/week.png

With the patch I recently submitted to gnupg-devel, `--refresh-keys` works very
smoothly for me. I wouldn't say it's blazingly fast, but my 320 keys take about
two minutes to refresh, and almost all of that time is spent in dirmngr. The
patch is already applied in Debian experimental, but hopefully we can get it
upstream soon as well. For those who want to give it a shot:

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2018-October/033969.html

 - V