OpenPGP on paper

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Fri Feb 1 20:23:26 CET 2019

On 01/02/2019 17:37, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Tesseract did not do a good job, to many errors.

Just an idea: OCR'ing a special OCR font like the two classics I
mentioned will go a lot better if the OCR engine *knows* it is looking
at that font. They designed the glyphs to be dissimilar. I don't know if
there are any free software OCR engines that can restrict themselves to
a specific font, I'm just reasoning about it without domain knowledge.

Also, if you choose an encoding that avoids similar glyphs like one and
ell, zero and oh, etcetera, your miss rate should go down.

> Then i googled a bit and ... Google can do it.

That doesn't seem useful for secret letters. And I don't think you'll
get an offline engine which has been trained like theirs from them.

HTH,

Peter.

PS: Could you removed the (was: ...) bit from the subject in replies? I
think I'll stop doing that type of formatting from now on. I saw it
being used quite some time back and when it works it's okay, so I
followed suit. But it's not working that well anymore.