Subkeys

Wiktor Kwapisiewicz wiktor at metacode.biz
Tue Sep 4 12:14:18 CEST 2018

Hi Roland,

I don't know if you have some specific questions but the Debian wiki
page about Subkeys is nice: https://wiki.debian.org/Subkeys

tl;dr version is primary/subkey setup lets you have your primary key
completely offline and use subkeys for daily work. If something bad
happens to a subkey (e.g. compromise) you can use primary key to revoke it.

There are 4 flags for key usage: C - Certify (for primary keys), S -
signing, E - encryption and A - authentication (e.g. SSH).

Kind regards,
Wiktor

https://metacode.biz/@wiktor