GnuPG 2.2.8 -- Trouble Decrypting using PowerShell script

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Oct 24 11:02:14 CEST 2018

Hi,

just as a bit of advertising. There is professional support available under
gpg4win-professional at gpg4win.org

I'm answering your problem inline below:

On Monday, October 22, 2018 6:03:46 PM CEST Vijay. Akunuri wrote:
> In command prompt we are using  "& gpg -d --batch --passphrase comment C:
\projects\successfactors\SuccessionTalentPool\incoming_files
\Succession_Talent_Pool_Tableau_Report.csv.pgp "

> We are passing the passphrase but when we run the script the a window pops
up to enter the passphrase manually like this below.

Your command is missing "--pinentry-mode loopback"
See: https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting#Passphrase_on_the_command_line

E.g.:
"gpg --pinentry-mode loopback -d --batch --passphrase comment C:\projects
\successfactors\SuccessionTalentPool\incoming_files
\Succession_Talent_Pool_Tableau_Report.csv.pgp "

> On local if enter the passphase in above prompted window then it is able to
> decrypt the file. But on servers we can do that manually and that is the
> reason we are passing it to command prompt.

As a scheduled job on a server you might also want to set an explicit homedir
in your command. See:

https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting#Windows_.
3E_8_and_Server_2012_Task_Scheduler_Problems

> Kindly help us in resolving this issue. Let me know if you need more
> information.

I'm working professionally for Gpg4win. So please consider a volunatry payment
to Gpg4win or donation to GnuPG if this helped to solve your problem. :-)

Best Regards,
Andre Heinecke

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/