Configuration for offline usage - best practice tips?

Juergen Christoffel jc.gnupg18a at unser.net
Thu Feb 15 21:33:05 CET 2018

Hi folks,

I'm looking for best practice tips for offline usage of GnuPG. What Do I
mean by offline usage? I plan to encrypt backups or files on my machines
with GnuPG and generate weekly or monthly keys for that purpose so backups
for example can run unattended and simply encrypt with today's public key.
As the backups need to be compatible with my software only, I could
possibly choose different configuration options than for my "online" usage.

While I can find a number of configuration hints for compatibility between
implementations and standards or strong encryption in general, I expect
that a configuration for offline usage might be different from one for
general purpose encrypted communication.

Regards, JC

--
  Doctorow's Law: Anytime someone puts a lock on something you own, against
  your wishes, and doesn't give you the key, they're not doing it for your