Importing keys into GnuPG 2.2 series

justina colmena justina at colmena.biz
Thu Dec 13 23:40:56 CET 2018

This e-mail is signed with a key generated by OpenKeychain on a smartphone. I am able to verify the signatures on other signed e-mails I get on this mailing list, with the exception of the footer added by the mailing list software.

I was able to back up the key, import it into GnuPG 1.4.23 and sign some old papers which I had sitting around, with the same key, which ironically is now newer than any of the papers. I have made both attached and detached signatures.

https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/bor/bor.pdf
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/bor/bor.pdf.gpg
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/bor/bor.pdf.sig
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/doi/doi.pdf
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/doi/doi.pdf.gpg
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/doi/doi.pdf.sig
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/pnp/pnp.pdf
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/pnp/pnp.pdf.gpg
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/pnp/pnp.pdf.sig
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/Rab/Rab.pdf
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/Rab/Rab.pdf.gpg
https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/Rab/Rab.pdf.sig

OpenKeychain on my smartphone is able to verify the attached signatures .gpg, but not the detached .sig files.

For some reason I cannot get GnuPG 2.2.11 to recognize the passphrase for the secret key, which I am only able to set, use, or change in GnuPG 1.4.23.

MAIN QUESTION: Is this a pinentry-curses problem with the tty over ssh, or is it an actual key incompatibility issue?

If for some reason the key is not actually compatible with GnuPG 2, then shouldn't I just generate a new key in GnuPG 2, and then sign it with my old key in GnuPG 1 and also import it back into the OpenKeychain app if I want to use it on my phone?

Thank you. There is quite a discussion going on about other matters, and I am not sure I asked the right question for what I wanted to know.
--
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

https://www.colmena.biz/~justina/justina.colmena.asc