1024 key with large sub key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 3 12:28:52 CEST 2017

On Mon,  2 Oct 2017 21:04, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> I'd like to open a discussion about removing this option.

Please not again.  That whole largeRSA key mess was a compromise to
silence a very few individuals who had, well, interesting ideas on
required key sizes.  Sometimes it is easier to add an option than to
spend hours on discussing their non-need.  It is kind of similar to
Camellia or Brainpool - I don't see a reason for those alsorithms but if
they are needed for policy or political reasons, let's add them and
forget about it.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner